What is marichyasana?
Marichayasan was discovered by sage Marichi. This sage Marichi was the one who gave his ashes to the gods to destroy the demons. There are many benefits of doing this asana. In this article we will talk about Marichi Asana in detail, first of all we know how to do this asana.
How to do marichyasana ?
- First you sit in a state of dandasana as per the picture. Spread both legs straight and keep the waist absolutely straight.
- After this, take the breath inward and bring the right leg to the chest, as shown in the picture. Your other leg should remain straight on the ground.
- After this, bowing forward while exhaling. While bending, keep in mind that you do not bend from the waist and bend from the joints of the hips. While bending your right leg should be out of the torso.
- Move the right arm towards the waist while holding the right leg and hold both hands from the waist side. In this state you bowed according to your power from 10 seconds to 60 seconds.
- Take care not to use too much power at all. After this, you release your hands and slowly come back to normal.
- After this, you straighten your right leg and come back to normal. Now repeat the same action with the left leg. This completed one of your cycles.
- In this way, you should do only five cycles of this asana in the beginning, if used, you can do this asana for 20 cycles.
Precautions while doing marichyasana
- While doing this asana, you should not use extra energy and force at all.
- In the beginning, you will not be bent forward or will be bent at all, so do not bend with strength.
- Bend as much as you tilt. After some time you will get used to bending yourself.
- People who have pain in the lower abdomen should not do this asana.
- If you have ever suffered a shoulder injury, do not do this asana.
- People who have pain in their knees or who have undergone knee surgery a while ago, should not do this asana.
- If you have diarrhea or asthma, do not do this asana.
- Do not use more force than your physical capacity while doing this asana.
Asan to be done before marichayasana
- Dandasana or Staff Pose
- Paschimottanasana or Seated Forward Bend
- Purvottanasana or Upward Plank Pose
- Ardha Baddha Padma Paschimottanasana or Half Bound Lotus Seated Forward Bend
- Trianga Mukhaikapada Paschimottanasana or Three-Limbed Forward Bend
- Janu Sirsasana or Head-to-Knee Forward Bend
Asanas to be done after Marichyasana
- Navasana or Boat Pose
- Bhuja Pidasana or Shoulder Pressing Pose
- Kurmasana or Turtle Pose
- Supta Kurmasana or Sleeping Turtle Pose
Benefits of doing marichyasana
- Regular practice of this asana provides relief in back pain and muscles pain.
- This asana makes the back bone strong, which keeps one’s body taut.
- It calms the mind and relieves mental tension.
- By doing this asana, it is beneficial in headache and migraine disease.
- This asana provides very good benefit in digestive system problems like stomach gas, constipation, acidity etc.
- By doing this asana, shoulders and waist are strengthened.
- This asana also has a positive effect on the kidney and liver, which cures kidney and liver diseases.
- This asana removes excess fat in the body and helps in weight loss.
How did you like this article, tell us your thoughts through comments.