What is bhujangasana?
Bhujangasana is the best asana for the waist, backbone, chest, lungs, shoulders, abdomen and buttocks. Compared to other asanas, this asana is done late and is very easy to do. Obesity and excess fat of the body also do not obstruct in doing this asana.
This posture can be performed by any person, woman, man and child of any age. If we talk about the name of this asana, then a word comes in the name of this asana. Bhujang means snake. In this posture, the body of the yogi comes in the shape of a snake. Just as a snake is looking at someone with its fun.
How to do bhujangasana
- To do Bhujangasana, first of all, lie down on your stomach and keep both your hands on both sides of your body.
- After this, keep both hands near the ears and slowly rise upwards.
- In this state the weight of your body will come on both your hands. Keep in mind that your stomach and the bottom of the stomach will touch the ground. Only your chest and front part should rise.
- Keep the feet absolutely straight and the soles of the feet should be upwards. Both your hands should be absolutely straight.
- In this state you remained from 30 seconds to 60 seconds. Keep in mind that do not use extra energy and force while doing this asana.
Precautions while doing Bhujangasana
- You should not do this asana if you have an injury in your waist, shoulder or elbow or you have undergone surgery of these organs before some time.
- Bhujangasana should not be done during pregnancy.
- Bhujangasana should not be done even if you are having pain in your head.
- Patients with carpal tunnel syndrome should not perform Bhujangasana.
Do these asanas before
Before doing Bhujangasana you can do this asana:
- Balasana or Child’s Pose
- Garudasana or Eagle Pose
- Marjariasana or Cat Pose
Do this asana after performing Bhujangasana
After Bhujangasana you can do this asana.
- Bitiliasana or Cow Pose
- Urdhva Mukha Svanasana or Upward-Facing Dog Pose
- Setu Bandahasana or Bridge Pose
Benefits of doing Bhujangasana
- By doing this asana, you get relief in back pain and sciatica pain.
- The chest is stretched in the lungs, shoulders and abdomen, due to which exercise of these organs is done.
- Performing Bhujangasana has a positive effect on the digestive system.
- The liver remains healthy and digestive juices are secreted in the right quantity.
- The pain of Reed’s bone and its associated problems are overcome.
- The buttocks come in the right shape and the fat accumulated around the buttocks is gone.
We have told you only few benefits of performing Bhujangasana. Our texts describe many benefits of Bhujangasana. By doing this asana, your body will become absolutely healthy. Kundalini Shakti is also awakened by performing Bhujangasana.
How did you like this article, tell us your thoughts through comments