What is Trikatu Churna?
Trikatu Churna is an herbal Ayurvedic and safe medicine made from a divisive mixture of three herbs, black pepper, dry ginger and peepal. Trikatu powder has been used by Ayurveda experts since ancient times in asthma, cough, obesity and respiratory diseases.
Apart from these diseases, trikatu churna or powder is also used in arthritis, cough and cold etc. This powder is warm in nature and by consuming it our immunity power increases very much.
Trikatu powder is made from black pepper, pippali (Indian long paper), dry ginger. This powder reduces kafa while increase the pitta. It shows its positive effect on the digestive system and stimulates the liver to function properly. Being warm in Taseer, it helps in removing toxins from the body.
Trikatu churna ingredient
- Pepper Piper nigrum Piper Nigrum Black Pepper
- Saunth Zingiber officinale Zinjiber Official Dry Ginger
- Piper longum Piper Longam Long Pepper
Method of making Trikatu Churna
It is very easy to make Trikatu Churna and you can make this powder very easily at home. For this, bring pepper, dry ginger and Piper longum from the grocery store. You will get black pepper and dry ginger from the grocery store, but if Pipli is not available from the grocery store, then you can bring it from pancari shop.
Pipli is also called long paper or Indian long paper in English. In appearance it resembles the longs found in our kitchen. Take these three in equal quantity and after grinding, make a powder by mixing them and fill it in a plastic or glass jar, it is called trikatu churna. Now let us know what are the benefits of consuming Trikatu Churna.
Medicinal Properties of Trikatu
- Anti-viral Anti-viral: effective against viruses
- Anti-inflammatory anti-inflammatory: reducing inflammation
- Cuff removal expectorant
- Carminative carminative
- Cafa har Phlegm reducing
- Antihyperglycemic Anti-hyperglycemic: Reduces glucose in the blood
- Antiemetic Anti-emetic: Countdown stop
- Antihistamine Anti-histamine
Benefits of Trikatu Churna
Trikatu Churna is a very beneficial and effective powder which helps in stopping various respiratory and digestive system related problems. This powder is helpful in eliminating various diseases arising due to Vata, Pitta and Kapha three doshas. It is beneficial in diseases like asthma, difficulty in breathing, cough and obesity. The various benefits of this powder are as follows.
Trikatu churna uses in increasing immunity power
All the herbs which are present in Trikatu Churna are helpful in increasing our immunity power. By consuming this powder, gastritis is illuminated, which makes digestion smooth and increases appetite.
In this way antibodies are made to fight against the diseases in the body, which makes our body capable of fighting many infectious diseases. One teaspoon of this powder can be consumed every night before bed.
Trikatu churna beneficial for asthma
Trikuta churna is considered a very useful medicine for asthma, bronchitis and other respiratory diseases. The effect of this powder is hot, which removes mucus from the lungs. It is helpful in respiratory infections such as throat infections, sore throat or pain, frequent coughs and colds. In this problem, lick Trikatu powder by licking half to one teaspoon with honey half an hour before meals.
Read more: Advantages and disadvantages of Sitopaladi Churna
Trikatu churna beneficial for weight loss
This powder stimulates gastritis and stimulates the liver to secrete the right amount of digestive juices, which digests food properly and burns excess fat and calories in food.
If this powder is consumed with Triphala powder, it can help a lot in reducing excess weight and fat. Those who want to lose weight should take Trikatu Churna with Triphala powder with hot water half an hour before meals.
Read more: Advantages and disadvantages of Medohar Guggulu
Trikatu churna for cholesterol
Trikatu powder is helpful in keeping the level of cholesterol present in the blood normal. The risk of heart problem also decreases to a large extent by keeping cholesterol levels normal. If you are suffering from cholesterol or heart problem and want to keep your cholesterol normal then you can take Trikatu Churna. To control cholesterol, Trikatu powder can be taken half to one teaspoon half an hour before meals.
Trikatu churna for irritable bowel syndrome
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a problem in which the patient has severe abdominal pain, excessive gas production, cramps, and diarrhea with torsion. There is a lot of smell in the stool and the patient suffers a lot.
Although scientific research is still going on, but it is believed that this problem is due to disturbances of the digestive system and stomach heat. In such a situation, consuming Trikatu powder twice a day with fresh water in the morning and evening is very beneficial.
Read more: Advantages and disadvantages of Triphala Churna
Trikatu churna beneficial for body pain
Body pain in old age, spasm in hands and feet is a normal thing. If pain or acidity persists in your body, then you can take Trikatu powder. This powder is warm in Taseer and the herbs present in this powder have pain relieving properties. Therefore, taking half a teaspoon of Trikuta powder in the morning and evening with lukewarm water provides great benefit in body pain.
Read more: Advantages and disadvantages of Mahayograj Guggul
Trikatu churna beneficial for reproductive organs
This powder shows positive effects on reproductive organs. This powder has aphrodisiac properties and this powder also increases the sperm count in semen.
Trikatu churna for thyroid treatment
Trikatu powder is also used in thyroid problems. In this problem, mix 50 grams of Trikatu powder with 10 grams of Godanti Bhasma and lick it in the morning and evening with 2 grams of honey. With this action thyroid related diseases are cured.
Trikatu churna for skin diseases
Trikatu powder also shows benefits in skin diseases, its description is given in a book called Bhava Prakash. In this book it is said: this powder illuminates the fire, cures respiratory diseases, cures cough, benefits in skin diseases, eliminates diseases in gum, pimples, cough, macrophage and pneus diseases.
Other benefits of trikatu churna
- This powder stimulates the liver, secretes the right amount of digestive juices, which makes digestion absolutely right.
- It decrease kafa and vayu dosh while bile can increase due to its consumption.
- It is beneficial in problems like flatulence, sour belching and puffiness.
- It helps in removing toxins from the body.
- It keeps metabolism perfect and helps in controlling weight.
- By consuming it, the absorption of nutrients in the body is done properly, due to which the immunity power of the body is greatly increased.
- It benefits in high blood pressure due to phlegm
- It benefits in lung infection.
- It destroys the amadosh due to indigestion.
- It normalizes lipid levels in the body.
- It reduces stomach and helps in controlling obesity and weight.
- This helps in lowering the levels of bad cholesterol LDL and triglyceride.
- It provides positive benefits to the heart.
- It prevents the production of histamine in the body and protects the body from any kind of allergies.
Trikatu powder dosage & dosage
- In digestive diseases, Trikatu powder can be taken from half gram to 1 gram two to three times a day.
- To reduce obesity and weight gain, you can take Trikatu powder with Triphala powder, half to one teaspoonful with hot water half an hour before meals.
- Licking Trikatu powder with honey is beneficial in diseases related to the respiratory system and lungs.
- Food is consumed properly by consuming Trikuta powder 15 to 20 minutes before meals.
- You can also eat it by sprinkling it over the salad.
Precautions & Side Effects
Trikatu Churna has no side effects. You can consume this powder for a long time. Just one thing you have to keep in mind, do not consume it in more than the prescribed quantity. Consuming it in excess can cause gastric problems and may cause mild burning sensation in the stomach.
This powder increases bile, so people who have problems with bile should use this powder with caution. Those who have stomach swelling or gastritis problem should not take this powder.
Those who have burning sensation in their hands, mouth ulcers, ulcers or any type of bleeding disorder should not take this drug. The effect of this powder is hot, so this powder should not be consumed during pregnancy.
It is a classical Ayurvedic medicine and is manufactured by many pharmacies. It is available in powder, syrup and tablet form.
- Baidyanath Trikatu Capsules
- Divya / Patanjali Trikatu churna (ASS)
- Himalaya Trikatu (in tablet and syrup form)
- Gopala Trikatu Three Spices (Traditional Spice Blend)
- Vyas Trikatu Churna (AFI)
This post is also available in: